Heath Bar Cake:
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (I like Smuckers)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 3 -4 Heath candy bars, chopped
(you can buy a bag of already chopped Heath bar for cheaper than the candy bars)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 Bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
(if you need two cakes, round cakes pans work great)
- 2 While still hot, punch holes in top of cake with a skewer or large fork.
- 3 Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping over hot cake.
(This is where you need to think on your toes if you use two round cake pans. The round cakes were higher in the middle so the caramel and SCM just went to the edges....)
So, I just used the spatula and moved the liquid around till it was almost absorbed into the cake. I let it sit for a bit and then moved it around again. It worked pretty well to do it that way too.
- Let cake cool.
- Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle chopped Heath bars over all
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.