Tuesday, July 11, 2006

vacations always come to an end...

Our vacation was awesome and we were sad to have to come home and face the reality that awaited us here. We had a great two days in Denver. They told us that is hadn't rained in Denver since January and well, it rained Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night. The fireworks were either delayed or cancelled, that was a little bit of a bummer but not a big deal. We had a great time hanging out with family and some friends from college as well. We got to see a baseball game at Colorado State (where Greg's cousin goes to school) and just got to do a lot of relaxing! It was awesome.

We flew to San Diego on Wednesday. My dad and uncle picked us up from the airport and then we went to Point Loma seafood where some more of my family was (cousins, aunts and uncles and my mom). It was so great to see them all right away. Wednesday night we went to the home where the wedding was held and helped get things ready, put lights in the trees, and some other random things. Thursday, Greg and my dad went golfing while mom and I slept in late (we stayed at their time share with them). That night we got to have dinner with some good family friends (my godmother in fact) and we had a great time hanging out with them. I again opted for chicken when everyone else was eating seafood! Yuck! We went back to their hotel and got to talk some more...my sister and brother-in-law joined us there.

Friday we all slept in a little bit and then went to the pool. Then we had our hour drive ahead of us to get to the house for rehearsal. Rehearsal was great and the dinner was awesome. The biggest surprise of the evening was when Eric brought out his gift for Catherine. It was a little eight week old yellow lab named Brewer. He's a cutie! Catherine was so surprised and super excited to have the little puppy in her life! The dog had just flown from Kansas City that day to be there.

Pictures from the wedding are here. As of today the only ones on there are from my digital camera. Check back after Thursday for pictures from film...there are lots of those!

Saturday was the big day. My mom and I went and got our hair done then we all made the hour drive to the house. Let me tell you a little bit about this house. It is owned by friends of Catherine's and it is gorgeous. Tom, is the creator of the "total gym", maybe you've heard of it. The backyard is so awesome, in ground swimming pool, a stream that runs all around the backyard, lots of beautiful flowers, and everything was just beautiful. A great place to have a wedding. The flowers for the wedding and the other decorations were awesome. The wedding was incredible and just what Eric and Catherine wanted. It was so great to be able to see both sides of my family at one time. This is the last wedding for that to happen at! The reception was great with three different stations to choose from, chicken, beef and fish. You could go to one fill your plate, eat it and then choose another station to get food from. Everything was very well done. The DJ was very good as well. My only complaint is that there were only two slow songs and it just happened to be when Greg and I went to my parents care so Greg could change his shirt. But we had a great time dancing the night away with our family and friends! I'll have to tell you about the drunk guy but that will have to be another post.

Sunday, we went to church where my uncle is the Pastor, and most of our family came. Then we went back to my aunt and uncles house for the gift opening. We had a great meal and a great time seeing what people got for Eric and Catherine. Brian and Sashie went to go get Brewer so that everyone could see him again. Brewer was not shy around the water and jumped right in the pool. Lots of us went swimming later and we were tormenting our aunts (and moms) but we all had a really good time. It was fun to watch Brewer get in and then get right out and then back in. What a funny dog! Sunday night we went back to the house where the wedding was and cleaned up. Then we got to swim again before heading back to the time share. We flew back home on Monday and made it home by 1am Tuesday morning.

What a great week! It's been a long time since Greg and I have actually taken a week long vacation. It usually only ends up being long weekends and stuff like that. So it was really good to get away and we really didn't want to come back. Greg went back to work today and I just took it easy. Tomorrow I will start the process that is called PACKING! We will be moving back to St. Louis on the 26th! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

oh i love a good drunk guy story!!!!! im uber excited for you to come back! call me if you need help unpacking and what not. But i will be on for handycamp july 30- aug 5. ttyl! tell greg i say hi and the baby too! God bLess!