Monday, May 03, 2004

weekend in wisconsin

Hello's Monday night...10:30pm to be exact. It's been a long and smelly day. Literally. There was this strange odor coming from our basement...which is actually a four fout crawl space. We have been smelling it for weeks. We thought that maybe the walls were leaking cuz we smelled it the most when it was raining. Well Rich and Fred came over today to take a look in our basement and what they found was not a pretty sight or smell. I guess the sewer backed up some time ago and was now letting everything out into our basement. Roto Rooter guys came and fixed the all we have to do is finish cleaning up the crawl space and pour some bleach water down there. Our house is already smelling much fresher.

Grandpa is doing better. He had surgury on Wednesday and I went to WI to see him on Thursday evening. He was on morphine and was talking a lot. Grandpa usually just sits back and adds a few things here and there but not this time. The first thing he told me was that he had a dream about me. What was the dream I asked. "You had a baby" grandpa proclaimed. "Was it a boy or a girl?" I questioned? "A girl" he stated. "What did we name her?" I asked. "You didn't name her yet." he told me. So that was pretty interesting. Guess we'll have to see if he's right or the future. He was very talkative and upbeat. I got to visit with some of my cousins and aunts and uncles which was great. Friday morning I went to my old gradeschool where my mom teaches and some of my friends also teach there so it was good to see them. I also got to go visit some of my old collegues from when I worked at the Family Christian Store. That was fun. Then I got to go visit one of my best friends....Katie... and her son Trysten. Trysten is 9 months old and is a whole lot bigger than last time I saw him which was in Nov. He's dancing and clapping and having a good walking yet though. Katie is also 6 months pregnant and looking good to be dealing with all that. What a great time that was. Then I went back and visited with Grandpa...he had been moved out of ICU and into a regular room. He looked so much better. That night we got everyone in the family that was there together and went out for dinner. 16 of us in all. What a fun time to be with family, although it wasn't under the best circumstances it was great to see everyone. Then my cousins and I went out and had a good time. It's so much fun to hang out with family. Saturday I went to the hospital one more time before we left to come back home. Grandpa was starting to get really grumpy. I think he really misses grandma and the attention she used to give him. He must be lonely. He was not nice to the nurses. He is not very patient. Please keep that in your prayers. I love grandpa dearly and don't want to see him in any pain. He has lung and liver cancer. I am not sure what else is going on. He will probably be in the hospital for the week so they can monitor his breathing. He's a great guy, I think he's just lonely and wants more attention...but one can never tell for sure! So my grandpa is doing okay. Please keep him in your prayers though if you think about it.

Looking forward to the car wash this weekend. Pray for no rain! Have a great week and let me know if there is anything I can do for you!